Monday, April 28, 2008

Do we have to dig all these?

Well, one of my not so fond moments growing up were digging up dandelions for FHE. I remember my dad giving us knives and we all went out and started digging dandelions in our yard. Well I decided it was high time to give my children the same experience. The dandelions are out in full force this year. I went to Wal-Mart and bought some weed diggers (No Sharp Knives) and we all began digging up the dandelions in our front yard, at first Brendan said, "Wow Mom this is really fun." I knew this wasn't going to last long, but it was such a beautiful day and we had a ton of dandelions that needed digging. Three hours later we were finally done. The boys did really good and really stuck with it. There was a few, "Are we done yet?", "I'm hungry can we go in and eat." but I really tried to make it fun and we took a break to get some cute photos for the blog and of course to scrapbook. So hopefully I helped pass on the old Jensen FHE tradition of Digging Dandelions, Thanks Dad!!

4 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

I guess that sounds like a lot of fun? Ha Ha What great kids to stick with it for 3 hours I think that would be pushing me a bit.

Corinne said...

What a good idea for FHE. We have weeds in our yard, do your kids want to come over for FHE.
That's to bad Jordan did get a turkey yet, I'm sure he has fun no matter what.
I like your new layout. The colors are totally you.

Chelsi said...

Love the new header!!!!

Chelsi said...

Okay, Heather I'm sure something has happened since the weeds!! Please post, This is how I snooped on your life!!

Reflections of Christ Mesa Arizona

Reflections of Christ Mesa Arizona
Baptism

March 23, 2008

Easter Morning the kids found their baskets filled with candy and a few fun things for the backyard. Now we need some warm weather.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
Lookin so Good

Happy Easter

Happy Easter
Easter Morning