Monday, April 28, 2008

Joseph Smith Oratorio

My brother Stewart called about a month ago and told us about this concert at Temple Square. We all got tickets and we took Brendan and Jordan on Saturday Night. Wow, it was beautiful. The name of it is Joseph Smith the Prophet and it was composed and conducted by a very talented young graduate of BYU, Rob Gardner. It was beautiful, a few vocal perfomances with a full orchestra. If any one ever has another opportunity to see it, go you will not regret it. My brother traveled down from Boise just to see it. It was the Highlight of my day. There was one song in paticular that really touched me, it was called Irene (Your Baby Was Here). Emma sang this one and it was all about her still born baby and how she was too perfect to live on this earth. It was very touching to think what Emma went through. I am fortunate that I have never had to suffer this kind of loss. I hope I never do. My children are so precious to me. I couldn't help, but look over at the boys throughout the concert. They were so good and listening so intently as they admired all the musical talent as did I. I asked them what they thought after it was over and they both just said how much they liked it. Thanks Stewart and Julie for letting know about this. It makes me realize how fortunate we are to live so close and have the experiences to allow all of us to strengthen our testimonies.

2 comments:

Shelly Kenison said...

I had the opportunity to be part of a group that performed that here in Texas. I got to be the part of Josephs Mother, WOW It was truly so powerful to be a part of. You can buy the soundtrack at spire music.

Shelly Kenison said...

quick note: Rob Gardner was on his mission when he composed the entire cantata and only had an old guitar to work with. He took no time out of his daily service as a missionary and only worked on it a few hours a night.He wrote it as a request from his mission president and it was performed for the community he was serving in.

Reflections of Christ Mesa Arizona

Reflections of Christ Mesa Arizona
Baptism

March 23, 2008

Easter Morning the kids found their baskets filled with candy and a few fun things for the backyard. Now we need some warm weather.

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday
Lookin so Good

Happy Easter

Happy Easter
Easter Morning